BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Trouble Uninstalling AC17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all!

A few months ago, I had updated to ArchiCAD 18 but left version 17 on there in case I needed to go back to those files. Having realized that I will not need this, I have been trying to uninstall ArchiCAD 17 for weeks now to no avail. I keep getting this error message when I go into Control Panel>Uninstall:

C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ArchiCAD17\Uninstall.AC\archive.jar file is missing!

At first glance, I thought this was a Java version issue. I have tried multiple times uninstalling all Java clients on my computer, and re installing one at a time, and each individually to see if this works but have had zero luck. I've installed everything from Java 6 to the most updated Java 8 with no luck.

Also, I know I should put this in my signature but here are my computer specs for reference:

AC17/18
ASUS N61Jq
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7, Q720 @1.60 GHz
8 GB Ram
Windows 7 64 bit

Has anyone else had this issue? Can't seem to figure this one out. Thank you in advance for the help!

Cheers!
Chris
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
There are manual steps to uninstall as a last resort... but one workaround for most Windows uninstall issues is to just re-install and then uninstall. If you reinstall 17, you may get a Repair option from the Windows installer. Try that. Then try uninstalling.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!