Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Trouble running ArchiCAD 11 on New Imac

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all - I know I will be the laughing stock of the forum, but I need to try to figure out how to run ArchiCAD 11 on my brand new IMAC. Has anyone else in the dark ages like me, had success with this? Upgrading may be the only way ahead... eek, no more smoke signals and pidgeons for me!

I just get an error message as soon as I try to open it.

Any help or direction would be fab.

Many Thanks, Amanda
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
11 won't run on Mavericks 10.9

http://www.archicadwiki.com/OsxMavericks

So either you downgrade the OS of the iMac or install Windows in either Bootcamp or VMW Fusion/ Parallels and run 11 from there.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Amanda:

In addition to Eduardo's advice: partition the hard drive and install Mac OSX 10.6 (for earlier versions) on one partition and OSX 10.9 (for latest versions) on the other partition. This does mean that you would have to choose which partition (OS version) to run, they both cannot be run simultaneously.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,
Older versions of MacOS are not compatible with new hardware, you would need to use hackintosh build of MacOS to run on new hardware, best to upgrade ArchiCAD
Scott
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Scott:

So if I understand your answer, it is not possible for Amanda to run AC11 on her machine? I am running both OSX10.6 and OSX10.9 on my machines (in signature), but these are both older models. She will also have problems with any software that was running under Rosetta.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's correct, newer hardware will not run older versions of the OS