BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

UNKNOWN ERROR MESSAGE

Anonymous
Not applicable
While working in teamwork, I go to change my workspace or to send and receive. During the process I get the error:

"Input file is incorrect or memory full. I/O error."

It then proceeds to kick me out of the project, tells me the information in some of my layouts cannot be read because of a project error, and then crashes. It reopens itself though and everything is there fine (this is when I make sure to save a backup).

Any ideas what's causing this?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
It actually only happens when I go to change my workspace, and does not happen all the time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, maybe a related problem, quite frequently when I go to change my workspace, it comes up with the following during the process:

"Can't read teamwork project" then "Project (then the name of the file) not found or stored name does not match. Please find the project manually." I did not change the name at all, and it brings up a window to find the project. It's always right where it expects it to be, so I click on it and say OK. Then it says Can't read teamwork project" and "Cannot read teamwork admin data." I eventually have to quit and restart ArchiCAD.

Is this related? It happens to me only and not the other two users in my office.

HELP!
David Shorter
Advisor
Steve, the safest way to change a workspace is to sign out and and sign in again. This is basically whats 'change does' anyway....it may take a little longer but it just seems to work better.
The other option you may like to consider is to set up a series of sign ins and save them as PLC file. This way you can open the PLC file to get to another workspace by opening another session rather than changing your workspace.
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven, it seems to be a basic software/hardware problem. Try to test hard disk space and network connection at first.
If you have less then 100 Mb free on your hard drive, consider this fact as a source and try to make free not less than 300 Mb on your work hard drive.
For analyzing quality of your network connection, try to copy your project or some other big file from the same server several times. If sometimes the copy operation exits unsuccessfully or takes an unreasonable time (much more than at other computers at your office), try to fix the connection.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Leo wrote:
Steven, it seems to be a basic software/hardware problem. Try to test hard disk space and network connection at first.
If you have less then 100 Mb free on your hard drive, consider this fact as a source and try to make free not less than 300 Mb on your work hard drive.
For analyzing quality of your network connection, try to copy your project or some other big file from the same server several times. If sometimes the copy operation exits unsuccessfully or takes an unreasonable time (much more than at other computers at your office), try to fix the connection.
I have 653.61 GB free of disk space on my hard drive - that shouldn't be the problem. My computer is around 4 months old, a new 24" iMac. This should be ok, right?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven, without any doubt your computer is a very modern one. And Apple is very reliable and famous brand. Unfortunately, some particular computers can have hardware problems (even Apple-manufactured). Besides computer hardware problem it can be a problem with network cables e.t.c.
David Shorter
Advisor
Steven, this problem is rarely a hardware problem. Work using the sign out and sign in method for a time and let us know if the problem re-occurs
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Steven, this problem is rarely a hardware problem. Work using the sign out and sign in method for a time and let us know if the problem re-occurs
Will do. I will also try saving the file as a solo and then re-sharing it. Would you advise this as well?
David Shorter
Advisor
If you are going to the trouble of saving as a solo project then always save with a new name (this breaks the link with the old Prefs) In fact do this twice each time with a new name and then reshare with a new name. Saving twice as a solo really gets rid of any residual TeamWork stuff.
I'm told it also helps to stand on one leg and turn anti clockwise 3 times before resharing....
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Learn and get certified!