BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Unable to clear Master Layout from PM9

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Not critical, but frustrating. We are unable to clear/delete some of the master layouts from a project. We have tried using the edit clear from the menu, as well as from the pop-up pallet (shown in attachment, clear is not an option for this master layout, but in others it is). Any thoughts would be helpful.

PM Master No Delete.jpg
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is that Master being used somewhere?
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Stewart,
Excellent thought. I've done a cursory check confirming each layout's master layout, but non seem to be connected to the offending master layout.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Barry Kelly
Scott wrote:
Stewart,
Excellent thought. I've done a cursory check confirming each layout's master layout, but non seem to be connected to the offending master layout.
Try listing with "Tree by Masters" instead of "Tree by Subsets" and you will see if the master is being used by anything.

The only time I know that you can't delete a master is if it is being used or it is the last one left.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Barry, thank you by writing:
Try listing with "Tree by Masters" instead of "Tree by Subsets" and you will see if the master is being used by anything.
I don't see how "Tree by masters" shows the master to sheet layout. The "Layout List" does indicate masters used per sheet, however in my case no sheet layout is linked to the offending master layout. It's starting to sound like this may be some type of screwed up file condition.
Thanks so much Barry & Stewart.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott wrote:
Barry, thank you by writing:
I don't see how "Tree by masters" shows the master to sheet layout. The "Layout List" does indicate masters used per sheet, however in my case no sheet layout is linked to the offending master layout. It's starting to sound like this may be some type of screwed up file condition.
Thanks so much Barry & Stewart.
Click on the + to the left of the master name, it expands to show you which layouts it is assigned to. If there is no + it is not used. (it's o.k. i only found this out yesterday looking into this)
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Stewart,
Based on your insights/remarks I found the problem (my oversight). In Tree by Masters all sheet layouts were linked to the correct working master layout, however I noticed that the offending master layout was set to 'Default' shown with the 'bent corner' indicator. I don't know how I miss this stuff sometimes. Thank you both again for preserving my sanity.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We all missed that one. too.
Barry Kelly
Scott wrote:
I noticed that the offending master layout was set to 'Default' shown with the 'bent corner' indicator.
s2art wrote:
We all missed that one. too.
Never realised there was a "default" setting.
Makes sense now why you can't delete a master if there is only one left - its got to be the default one.
Always happy to learn something new.
Thanks Scott.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Djordje
Ace
Barry wrote:
Never realised there was a "default" setting.
There is; it is supposed to be your most used layout size.

So, when defining the office template masters, set the most used one to Default. You will forget about it after some time, but it is there!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!