Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Unable to open AC14 project in AC15

Haneef Tayob
Booster
I'm battling to open one of my AC14 projects in AC15. I've tried eliminating various parts of the project and notice that if I delete all the sections the projects opens.
Any suggestions of how to easily isolate the troubling section or sections?
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
The usual, binary search. Try half. If the problem is present try half of that, otherwise try half of the other, and so on.
Haneef Tayob
Booster
Thanks Matthew
90 sections, 4 computers, 18 steps, 3 hours 😞 ... Problem resolved 🙂
Managed to find the section that prevented me loading the AC14 project in AC15. Once I had located it, all it took was for me to open and rebuild the section, even though there was not sign of errors in AC14. It then opened without any problem in AC15. In retrospect, it's possible the problem could have been resolved by just forcing a regen or opening all the sections.
Does not make sense though.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
Anonymous
Not applicable
Haneef wrote:
Does not make sense though.
How much sense does it make to create imaginary buildings by rearranging patterns of minute electrical charges on small bits of silicon?
Haneef Tayob
Booster
Matthew wrote:

How much sense does it make to create imaginary buildings by rearranging patterns of minute electrical charges on small bits of silicon?
🙂
If someone had predicted 40 years ago that I'll be spending most of my day pressing on a mouse and staring at a screen, we would have said he's crazy.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects