Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Unexpected symbolic/projected door behavior

Scott Bulmer
Booster
In the attached image, a window is placed over a door in a 12' tall wall. The floor cut plane is at 4', door is set to symbolic fl.plan display and the window above is set to projected fl.plan display. One would expect the door to be visible with the window not (as it does not pass within the FCP). However, the door symbol takes on a hybrid condition where appears both symbolic as well as projected (when in the floor plan view, but appears correctly in elevation and model).

As a work-around and to get the drawings out, the window has been reset to symbolic and assigned a pen number with a value of 0 mm thickness, which does not print/plot.

Any other thoughts will be appreciated.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
3 REPLIES 3
Paul King
Advisor
Hi - in AC11 I cannot get high level windows to display differently no matter what I do with floor cut plane and window projection settings .

How did you activate height sensitive behaviour in floor plan views?

Cheers
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
__archiben
Booster
Paul wrote:
How did you activate height sensitive behaviour in floor plan views?
in order for the windows to behave in a 'projected' (i.e. respecting the cut plane) manner, the walls that contain them need to be also of the 'projected' variety . . .

doors and windows will not 'project' themselves in a 'symbolic cut' wall.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Paul King
Advisor
Thank you ~/archiben! I knew there was something I had missed.
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop