Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Upgrading Archicad and BIMcloud Basic at the same time

waydowntown
Contributor

When upgrading from Archicad 24 to 25, I am prompted to upgrade our BIMcloud Basic as well.

My question is this:

If I "update my existing component", will I be able to use the one server for both versions of Archicad simultaneously , i.e. 24 and 25? Or do I have to install a new BIMcloud Basic server to handle only all new v25 files?

Thanks

Mac M1 Ultra OS 12.3
Since AC 4.55
3 REPLIES 3

If you’re using BIMcloud Basic you have to have a separate version for each version of Archicad. It’s really annoying. We have AC23, 24 and 25. Libraries stored in BIMcloud also do not migrate and have to be undertaken manually. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Thanks Lee

I am learning you can't just export/import the teamwork files over either - though that was rather presumptuous. Lots of saving down to .pln and re-sharing involved. 

Mac M1 Ultra OS 12.3
Since AC 4.55

You can migrate projects. Open the project in 24 then go to the Teamwork menu and prepare for migration. Follow the steps and then go in to 25 and migrate prepared projects from the same menu. It’ll transfer it over to you. Make sure everyone has left the Teamwork 24 project and sent all their changes first. It’s a good idea to save a .pln down too and Archicad it just in case the process causes a problem but I’ve never had any issues doing it. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)