Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Upload personal license to company license pool?

Barry Kelly
I have no idea as I don't use software licenses.
But I can imagine it would not be possible as your company would have specific licenses assigned to it by Graphisoft.
Just as you have yours.

However if it is a software license, there should be no issue with you using it where ever you want.
You just have to send it back to your pool from your machine, and then call it up from any other machine.
Just remember to send it back to your pool when finished with it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
9 REPLIES 9
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the question!

I think there is a way to do it, but it will be a complicated process. I suggest contacting your local sales support to ask about this request - they will be the ones who know how to handle it!

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Barry Kelly
scraptrash wrote:
It just sounds to me quite natural to be able to do it, like I would bring my own pre-purchased license to work and share the hardware key to colleagues when not used. You know in small firms, people would do that.

Seems logical and I am sure you can share it, so long as you tell everyone your connection details - not something you would really want to do.
Just as you share the company licenses, you need to know the connection details of that company.
Other users would need to know your connection details for your license as well.

Otherwise it would be a case of having support transfer the license to the company (for a fee I am sure), and then it will no longer be your license.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
mikas
Expert
I am afraid trasfering AC licenses was put to an end last year, sometime in the first half of it I believe. License transfer for a small transfer fee happens to have been available for a very long time, but as a temporary procedure only it seems. At least that's how we have been informed by a representative in our country.

And I believe you can not hire or lend for free a license either, it's forbidden by EULA.

We would have liked to keep that option, or at least would have apreaciated if we have had the time to transfer one license before this change took effect. But they did not warn us before hand about the change.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,
scraptrash wrote:
...share the hardware key to colleagues when not used...
If we are talking about Hardware license, you can't really upload it to the license pool. To share it, simply unplug the key to give it for someone else?

But if we are talking about Software license, you can set up your computer as a server and someone can connect to your machine to download a license. But it is not something easy to do, not to mention you need a NET license in order to do so.

I hope this will give you some ideas on how to make your own license available to your colleagues.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

mikas
Expert
Hi Minh.

It seems AC 24 license DOES allow license transfers. Maybe I was given misleading information, or it has changed from 23 to 24.
AC24 wrote:
* In case of a resold license, You, i.e. the purchaser of the resold Software, shall be required to re-register the Software with GRAPHISOFT’s appointed local partners, pay the applicable fees and enter into the applicable Software Support Agreement in order to be entitled to any updates, upgrades, support, etc.
Anyway, I am happy with the current license and a reasonable transfer fee too. And with obligatory AAS agreement too for the new license holder.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
mikas
Expert
With this part I am still a little confused, or maybe I just don't understand it:
AC wrote:
A: Commercial Mode

* Unless You make your own copy of the Software totally unusable, You may not sell, loan, distribute, cede, sublicense, rent or lease or otherwise transfer or assign the right to use the Software, nor transfer or provide access to it by network for commercial use, either in whole or in part. You hereby accept that in case of any type of transfer of the Software by You, this Agreement automatically ceases to exist on the effective date of the transfer and You shall lose all rights arising from this Agreement.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Mikas,

To be honest, I have never read any EULA so my knowledge is very limited in this field. I am more on the technical side rather than sale support side. I believe your reseller can tell you more about this!

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
MInh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

mikas
Expert
Thank You Minh for your honesty
And keep up the good work.
Barry Kelly
scraptrash wrote:
The license I have is a company software license ( i.e. graphisoft invoiced my company, not myself). The license is uploaded to my company pool hosted by graphisoft. Only I can add the graphisoft ID of my colleagues to the pool since my graphisoft ID is the admin of the company account.
My colleagues only need to sign in to their graphisoft ID to download the software license to use archicad.

This software license in a company pool works just like a network floating license.
Originally you said you had a personal license - even in the title of this post.
No matter, if it is a software license you should be able to share it with whoever you want so long as they have the correct access details.
I don't think however you can combine your company license into another company's pool.
You will have to access each pool separately.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27