Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Version 25 TEXT EDITOR view blocked

Ugljesa Janjic
Newcomer
Ever since I upgraded to ArchiCAD 25, my text editor view blocks off at least half the box of text. It varies with the zoom, so it shows and then it doesn't. Weird. Anyone has a solution or the same thing happening?
Ugljesa
Ugljesa Janjic
ugljesa@janjicarch.com
ArchiCAD 25
Mac OS
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Can you post a screenshot of at least the full quadrant (to the edges of the monitor) where this occurs? Also post what version of MacOS you are running. I can't reproduce this in 25 on MacOS 11.5.2
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ugljesa Janjic
Newcomer
Here are some examples. Now, in the meantime, I think it is the monitor doing this, because when I look at it on my laptop screen, it doesn't happen. Funny it didn't happen before with the 24 version.
Ugljesa Janjic
ugljesa@janjicarch.com
ArchiCAD 25
Mac OS
Karl Ottenstein
Ah. Thanks. That is not the text editor. The text editor is the window that opens when you edit a block of text. This is more a display issue with the text box not being made large enough to display the text. The text will always display fully in the editor... but will only display what can fit in the bounding box (which you can stretch).

In your examples, are these all placed with the Label tool? Or are some of these independent arrows and text boxes?

If you were on Windows, I would say it is a display scaling issue. But, since you're on MacOS, there shouldn't be any difference between what you see on your laptop and desktop... Unless you have some type of scaling enabled on your desktop. On the machine where you're seeing this truncation, if you go to System Preferences > Displays are all of your monitor resolutions set to "Default for display"? What version of MacOS?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

This has been happening to me too, on two separate computers.