Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Version 9 Project in Version 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to work on a file that was created in version 9. How do I get all the plotmaker information to import?
14 REPLIES 14
Eduardo Rolon
Read the Help file on how to Import files.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Djordje
Ace
Also, read the Migration Guide that came with ArchiCAD 10. It covers if not all, then most of the pitfalls and how to avoid them.

If not available, try here:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Archicad_10/Project_Migration?highlight=%28migration%29

ArchiCAD Wiki is a good place.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Scott Bulmer
Booster
I believe my question is related to this topic, so have asked it here. It should be moved in inappropriate.

In migrating from 9 to 12, I need to modify PMK files to be project based within the source 9 file. But I have run into a small related issue as follows:

I am unable to install AC9 on my MacTel workstation from the original disc, where a destination directory is indicated, but a warning message comes up stating it is not. Further, current free space shown in the install dialog box shows zero, even though there is 235 GB available.

I am aware that there is a separate AC10 version for MacTel workstations which is downloadable from the GS website, however I could not find the same for AC9.

Is there something I am missing? Thanks for any thoughts. Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
PMKs are back in AC12 so you may not need to convert them to be project based. Of course that may be the decision you made, but it is not mandatory now with PMKs back in AC12.

But that of course does not answer you main question. I am on PC so I cannot look into this.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Laszlo, thanks for your clear thinking, but there is still an issue. I have tried this using 12 (and 10 & 11 as well) with the same results:

I open a LBK file created in version 9, which I recall used Plotmaker 3.0 or 3.1. The file opens fine, however I am unable to re-link the PMK drawing files (using the 'Read From' button in the initial missing source warning dialog box), and get the warning message 'You can only open Plotmaker files created in 3.0 or later.' I believed I had to convert to project based files first requiring the need to employ AC9 (which I am unable to load on my MacTel workstation from the commercial AC disc as described in my earlier post).

Also as you point out, PMKs are back in 12, so why wouldn’t they be re-linkable there without the need to convert to be project based?

Thank you for any additional comments. Scott
PMK Warning.png
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
ArchiCAD 9 had PlotMaker 9 as its companion.
Try opening the LBK in PlotMaker 9 and save it (maybe you already have done that).
Also, open in ArchiCAD 9 the old project from which the PMK files were saved. Then resave those PMK files to make sure all PMKs are also version 9.
Then try opening the whole lot in 12.
I hope that solves it for you.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Laszlo, thanks again for your quick help. I would like to open these files in AC/PM9, however the software is unable to load on a MacTel workstation. Please see the loading error screenshots in my earlier post.

There was a similar issue with AC10 and the commercial disc, where GS later provided a separate download for the MacTel version of AC10. See: http://tr.graphisoftus.com/ and go to ArchiCAD10 where you will find the Mac Intel Based AC10 version for download. I cannot find the equivalent download for AC9. I am hoping there is an answer for the MacTel environment.

So in summary, AC/PM9 is unable to load on a MacTel workstation from a commercial disc, and AC12 will not recognize PMKs created in PM9. I need to resurrect two version 9 projects and am stuck at the moment.

Thanks again, Scott
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Maybe one of the Mac guys reading this forum could send you the AC9 install for your platform using http://www.mammutmail.com/en/ or some other file sending site. I put mammutmail.com here because with yousendit.com you can send only 100 MB for free. With mammutmail.com it is 1 GB.
I guess sending you the AC9 installer would not break any rules.
Unfortunately I am on PC so I cannot help you with that.
TomWaltz
Participant
I don't think Archicad 9 can run on a MacIntel. I seem to remember that from when AC10 MacIntel version was released.

Sending the installer would not help any.
Tom Waltz