Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Version 9 Project in Version 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to work on a file that was created in version 9. How do I get all the plotmaker information to import?
14 REPLIES 14
Eduardo Rolon
AC09 runs in Mactel the problem is installing it. The trick was to copy a previous installation from a PPC system.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Ejrolon, your direction did the trick. To summarize for those who may come across the same situation (note that although PMKs are back in 12, 12 was unable to read linked PMKs in the PM9 LBK file, requiring breaking the links):

1) Install AC/PM9 on a PowerPC Mac first.
2) Drag that folder to the Power Mac (Intel) workstation into the Applications>Grahphisoft folder from the network. A restart may be required.
3) Now on the Power Mac workstation, open the original LBK file to be converted using PM9.
4) In the Drawing Manager, select all PMK files, then break their hotlinks making them have an Embeded Status.
5) Save-as with a different file name.
6) Open the modified file in AC12 where all the PMK drawings are now visible.

Thanks again for everyone's assistance. Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Thomas Holm
Booster
TomWaltz wrote:
I don't think Archicad 9 can run on a MacIntel. I seem to remember that from when AC10 MacIntel version was released.
Tom, I have AC7, 8.1, 9, 10, 11 and 12 running on my Macintel. The trick (for AC 7-9) is, as Ejrolon points out, to copy a complete installation from a PPC machine. The programs will run in Rosetta PPC emulation mode.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
TomWaltz
Participant
Thomas wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
I don't think Archicad 9 can run on a MacIntel. I seem to remember that from when AC10 MacIntel version was released.
Tom, I have AC7, 8.1, 9, 10, 11 and 12 running on my Macintel. The trick (for AC 7-9) is, as Ejrolon points out, to copy a complete installation from a PPC machine. The programs will run in Rosetta PPC emulation mode.
That's right. I forgot it was the installers that did not work.

I've been in Windows land too long!
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am a student who has been working in Archicad 9 student version on my old PowerPC MacBook (I know, I am behind the times...), which has just died on me. I now have an Intel Macbook Pro, and I am trying to work on the files I have started already. I have the education version of 12, and I also have followed your instructions for installing 9 on the intel. I can't seem to work out how to bring the version 9 files into 12 (as I only have the .pne versions). Is running 9 on intel stable? or is this just asking for trouble?