Setup & License forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Card compatibility database updated!

GSHQfadmin
Newcomer
Dear Archi-Talkers,

We have updated the video card test file to AC9. In case you have posted a test with AC8.1 please repeat it when you receive your copy of AC9 and post your results.

Thanks, the Administrators

Link: Video Card compatibility database
13 REPLIES 13

aahatimo
Newcomer
is there a way to show all results, not pick a specific card? a comparison table would be great!
here is a video & cpu benchmarks site setup & hosted by a reseller of my previous cad system chief architect, berryvale software.
http://berryvalesoftware.com/benchmarks9.html
thanks, tim
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]

Mark
Newcomer
Is anyone else having trouble viewing the graphic card tests? When i pick any card in the desktop range i cannot seem to get any kind of report despite ther existing 1 or 3 reports?
Mark Beauman

magz
Newcomer
Like Mark, I also have trouble displaying the reports in the graphic card tests, but for me it's only the case with the "Desktop" card-section, not "mobile" or "workstation". Same trouble using Internet explorer and Opera. PHP script error maby?

Karl Ottenstein
I, too, could not retrieve most reports yesterday when I was browsing without being logged in as a user. It would say that there were reports, but nothing would show up.

Once I logged on, the reports were displayed properly ... and I posted a new one.

Karl
One of the forum moderators   •   AC 25 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6.1, iMac Pro

Mark
Newcomer
Karl wrote:
Once I logged on, the reports were displayed properly ... and I posted a new one.

Karl
Still no go for me. I am always automatically logged on and only the reports in the desktop are not showing up, the other categories are fine.
Mark Beauman

GSHQfadmin
Newcomer
Good to see that somebody using the database .

I corrected the code error so at least for on my computer it works properly now.
Regs,
Peter

Mark
Newcomer
Thanks, it is all working of me now.
Mark Beauman

Paul King
Advocate
Hi can we please actually update the data base ? - none of my reports over last 2 years have appeared.
PAUL KING
https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-25
Octane Render Plugin for ArchiCAD
Twinmotion 2021
Windoze 10
Intel Core i9 10900K
Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080
32 Gb DDR3
2x4K monitor extended desktop

mamaindia
Newcomer
Yes an update please. Does anyone have a report for an ATI FireGL V7200 250MB graphics card? Which driver to use? There seems to be V7100 and V7300 but not V7200.
Cheers

mosoto
Newcomer
Ditto. I'm pricing up a new machine which will be using 2 X ATi HD3870 in crossfire so I would be anxious to know if the problems with Ati & OpenGL have been resolved.
AC17, W7-64, I7 cpu, 12GB RAM, Quadro 4800, PCIe SSD.

TangoGrandma
Newcomer
Or anyone with a consumer ATI 200m 128 (notebook) ...?
I know I know- consumer GPU and IGP too at that- but sometimes we must make do!

Obviously AC8+ will run on anything made in the last year except possibly the IGP's- the GPU's today are insane compared to 2-4 years ago! When I worked on rendering and game design maps we tested our stuff on the average level of consumer gear- yeah I know this is important for the large-level success of such types of software releases, but it would be quite interesting to have more data on how AC-v* runs on average level GPU's- especially the current ones being sold in large quantities from remarketers like Dell.

My personal rig is too new to help here, but I'm considering some ATI 200m's for employees at the office. Can those IGP style GPUs cope with residential renderings in 3d?

Anyone know?
AC10.?+11.0970-?/ Dell M90/-WinxpMCE-Sp2/ Gf7900go-512mbDDR3/ T7300 (4mbL2)/ 4gb-ddr2-800/ 320gbWD5400/ ...Runs a bit faster than my old commodore color pro and 486dx2 with the math co-processor.

JP-Design
Newcomer
I'd be interested to see how a x3100 laptop video would handle basic 3d open GL in archicad. They're pretty cheap for on-board graphics...
AC 7,9,10,12.13 [YAY!]; WinXPpro & MCE+sp3 [build2600] LinuxMint 5 & 6, CrunchBang, Crossover Pro, VMWk 6.5.9b
GEAR: c2d 2.8ghz, 7950 GTX 512, WUXGA+, 4gb ddr2-800, 7.2k sata3

Special: BSOD & PEBKAC on demand.

JP-Design
Newcomer
Well that ought to say a lot right there

1) either no one has even tried or...
2) it works ok and as such hasn't come to the graphisoft forums about it

but I suspect it runs poorly if at all on IGP stuff, least in 3d.
AC 7,9,10,12.13 [YAY!]; WinXPpro & MCE+sp3 [build2600] LinuxMint 5 & 6, CrunchBang, Crossover Pro, VMWk 6.5.9b
GEAR: c2d 2.8ghz, 7950 GTX 512, WUXGA+, 4gb ddr2-800, 7.2k sata3

Special: BSOD & PEBKAC on demand.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!