Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Video Card compatibility database updated!

GSHQfadmin
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Archi-Talkers,

We have updated the video card test file to AC9. In case you have posted a test with AC8.1 please repeat it when you receive your copy of AC9 and post your results.

Thanks, the Administrators

Link: Video Card compatibility database
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ditto. I'm pricing up a new machine which will be using 2 X ATi HD3870 in crossfire so I would be anxious to know if the problems with Ati & OpenGL have been resolved.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or anyone with a consumer ATI 200m 128 (notebook) ...?
I know I know- consumer GPU and IGP too at that- but sometimes we must make do!

Obviously AC8+ will run on anything made in the last year except possibly the IGP's- the GPU's today are insane compared to 2-4 years ago! When I worked on rendering and game design maps we tested our stuff on the average level of consumer gear- yeah I know this is important for the large-level success of such types of software releases, but it would be quite interesting to have more data on how AC-v* runs on average level GPU's- especially the current ones being sold in large quantities from remarketers like Dell.

My personal rig is too new to help here, but I'm considering some ATI 200m's for employees at the office. Can those IGP style GPUs cope with residential renderings in 3d?

Anyone know?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd be interested to see how a x3100 laptop video would handle basic 3d open GL in archicad. They're pretty cheap for on-board graphics...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that ought to say a lot right there

1) either no one has even tried or...
2) it works ok and as such hasn't come to the graphisoft forums about it

but I suspect it runs poorly if at all on IGP stuff, least in 3d.