Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

View Tab Right Click Not Showing 'Stories' ("Profile Editor TabBar Menu")?

Marc H
Advisor
Running AC24 and when I right-click the tab to quickly go to another story, I'm met with an unfinished label. Seems a little clean-up is in order.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
6 REPLIES 6
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Marc,

Thank you for sharing this issue!

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this on AC24 INT on Windows or AC24 GER on macOS. I'm wondering which language version are you using? Does this happen even with a brand new file, after spamming some dozens of stories into it?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Marc H
Advisor
Hi Minh,
Thank you for your prompt response. I am using the USA version on Catalina. I did not add any stories to the model. However, it is a large, older project with hotlinks, generated back in 2016 (AC20?) and migrated since then. Given its age, I opened a few other projects created in prior AC versions. I found the 'TabBar' display appears to occur in projects created prior to AC23. (The two projects I created in AC23 and one I created this morning in AC24 display the correct menu choices.)
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Marc,

Thank you for your report! I will try to replicate this issue with older Archicad versions and see if I can make it appear in the context menu!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Marc,

I created a simple file in AC20 with 30+ stories. Upon opening the file in AC24 INT on Windows and AC24 GER on macOS, I still see the correct "Stories" label in the context menu. Unfortunately, I was not able to instal AC24 USA on macOS for testing.

I'm wondering if you could give a try with this file and let me know the result?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Marc H
Advisor
Hi Minh,
Yes, it came up with the TabBar label.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Marc,

It turned out that the issue happens with Archicad 24 USA version, but not on other versions. I have entered it as a defect in our database. I hope that it will be fixed soon!

Thank you once again for your finding! Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT