Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Viewpoint tab, no content, larger font in name, stuck

Mysterious viewpoint tab, its name with a larger font. When I slide my cursor over it I get error noises; I can click on it and highlight it, but the window content will not change (will keep on showing whatever viewpoint it was showing). It doesn't show in the Windows Overview. If I drag some other tab to that first-on-the-left position, it will slide to the right only until I release the mouse button, and jump back there. Closing, quitting made no difference.
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
That is a little odd.
It doesn't have an icon either - so no clue as to where it is from (apart from it being labelled 'section').
And you already have a working section with the same name.

Things I would try...

Turn the TABs off and back on again.
If you go to the WINDOWS menu, does it show in the list of open windows there? (probably not).
Select the floor plan tab, right click and 'Close all other Tabs & Windows'.
Open the file with 'Open and Repair' (through the FILE menu > Open File).
Send the file off to Graphisoft support.

In real desperation - delete the '1 Section E-W' view point.
You can create a new section first and copy & paste and 2D info across.
That way you won't lose anything but you will have to re-name it back to '1 Section E-W' and re-link into layouts.
Obviously don't save the file if it doesn't work.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry wrote:
Turn the TABs off and back on again.
If you go to the WINDOWS menu, does it show in the list of open windows there? (probably not).
Select the floor plan tab, right click and 'Close all other Tabs & Windows'.
Open the file with 'Open and Repair' (through the FILE menu > Open File).
Hiding/showing the tabs didn't change anything. [Didn't check the Window menu; only now I understand what you were saying.] Closing all other didn't close it. I open-and-repaired, which this being a TW file sucked considerably, but that's life, and that did it.

I've seen this before on this file, and somehow it had gone away. I was hoping the larger font size and no icon would point at the culprit for some GS guy. I'll keep the original TW file for a while, so I could make a new export to pln, or give access to a GS tech guy.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I will report this to GRAPHISOFT HQ.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Ignacio,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry to hear about the issue!

I looked for a similar case in our system, but I couldn't find any. I'm wondering if this issue can be reproduced only in Teamwork, or also in a local PLN save of the project? Do you still have a copy of it, where the issue can happen?

We would be very happy to have a closer look into it. Please let us know if it is possible for you to share the file, and whether you need a secure place to upload it!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

mnguyen wrote:
I'm wondering if this issue can be reproduced only in Teamwork, or also in a local PLN save of the project? Do you still have a copy of it, where the issue can happen?
I couldn't reproduce it when I opened that teamwork file from a new AC update, not sure if related. But the issue has since appeared with the latest update too –this time when it happened I closed without saving, and the problem was not there when I reopened. It might be related to the session/user and not the file. Any news, I'll message.