BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

WBKey No valid Licence Found (230)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I've had a forced break from ArchiCad for the last 18 months so I still run AC16
When I tried to use again my licence I got the 230 kick. My operating systems have been upgraded in the meantime to OS X 10.9.4 & OS x 10.7.5 for respectively, my iMac & MacBook Pro
The GS website recommends WIBUKey V6.20a (from Graphisoft WBKey link) ie WkRuntimeUser_6.10.501.dmg Graphisoft says this is OK up to OSx 10.8 http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/protection_key.html This does not work for either machine
I downloaded the latest WIBUKey driver from WIBU Systems WkRuntimeUser_6.30.500.dmg http://www.wibu.com/us/downloads-user-software.html and this works for the iMac but not the MBPro. WIBUKey support says v6.30 should work for OSx10.6 t0 10.9
I have had discussions with Graphisoft and their response was to state that I needed a new WBKey which they offered to sell to me, initially for the cost of two upgrades and a renewed Select contract for two years - $3450. "In good faith" they later called me with an offer to replace the WIBUKey for $330, I may have to take this up although the offer has now expired (1 week to decide) However, If seems to me that the WUBUKey should not have failed as there appears to be very little that could go wrong with it apart from faulty drivers etc, hence my help request. Is it possible the device may be damaged? I have not mistreated it, and it is now working on the IMac but not the MBPro. Is there any away I can test it for physical damage or deterioration?
Alternatively, does anyone have any ideas why the WIBU Key would work on the iMac but not the MBPro? Is Java a likely culprit? WIBU systems says not with their hardware, but is Graphisoft AC16 at fault?
10 REPLIES 10
Eduardo Rolon
I had the opposite problem AC would detect the Wibu key but it would not detect the Codemeter one.

Basically what I did on the problem machine was uninstall the WibuKey driver using the Wibu uninstaller, restart and then reinstall the driver.

Before trying this I think there is a Wibu widget that detects if there is a key connected. In my case the Wibu showed as connected but AC couldn't see it.

You might also try installing the Codemeter driver first which should install both Codemeter and Wibu on the machine.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ejrolon wrote:
Before trying this I think there is a Wibu widget that detects if there is a key connected.
Applications > WIBUKEY > WkConfig.

Also, have you checked that the USB port on the MBP works with some other device? Mine went wonky during a system upgrade, but I was able to reset them.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your replies
I have checked the USB ports with other devices & swapped them all seems okay I Uninstalled the WibuKey Runtime Kit by double-clicking WkUninstall on WkRuntimeUser_6.30.500.dmg Restarted but MBPro still couldn't find the WIBU Key Started WIBU widget - & searched for WIBU key Key not located Uninstalled using WkRuntimeUser_6.30.500.dmg & restarted Installed Codemeter drivers from CmRuntimeUser_5.20.1454.500.dmg restarted no luck I removed the WIBU key from the machine before each operation restarted - didn't work Removed files using CMUninstall from CmRuntimeUser_5.20.1454.500.dmg Restarted Installed WIBU files using
WkRuntimeUser_6.10.501.dmg Restarted Searched with WkConfig - can't detect WIBU Key----
Karl Ottenstein
If the keyplug works on the iMac, then it seems extremely unlikely to be a hardware (replacement) issue ... and rather something amiss with the software or ports on the MacBook.

On the MacBook, open System Information and see if your WIBU key shows up as being connected to a USB port. See attached screenshot... I have a Cigraph WIBU key and a Graphisoft Codemeter key.... I've selected the WIBU to show that it is drawing current, etc. I have a ton of USB devices plugged in ... so have closed the flippy triangles for the other ones. You'll probably have to look through USB Bus listed to search for your key.

A lot of users still call the keys Wibu keys even though GS issues Codemeter now... all produced by Wibu systems, but they are different hardware and drivers. So, please confirm that you have the (typically blue) plastic WIBU key for AC or the silver metal CM key.

Is there some reason that you do not want to upgrade your MacBook beyond 10.7.5?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Karl wrote:
Is there some reason that you do not want to upgrade your MacBook beyond 10.7.5?
Answered my own question once I was able to read your signature again. (Frustrating that signatures are invisible while typing a post.) Your old MacBook specs are pretty low - 10.8 or 10.9 cannot run on it anyway.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
John wrote:
Thanks for your replies
I have checked the USB ports with other devices & swapped them all seems okay I Uninstalled the WibuKey Runtime Kit by double-clicking WkUninstall on WkRuntimeUser_6.30.500.dmg Restarted but MBPro still couldn't find the WIBU Key Started WIBU widget - & searched for WIBU key Key not located Uninstalled using WkRuntimeUser_6.30.500.dmg & restarted Installed Codemeter drivers from CmRuntimeUser_5.20.1454.500.dmg restarted no luck I removed the WIBU key from the machine before each operation restarted - didn't work Removed files using CMUninstall from CmRuntimeUser_5.20.1454.500.dmg Restarted Installed WIBU files using
WkRuntimeUser_6.10.501.dmg Restarted Searched with WkConfig - can't detect WIBU Key----
When you did the uninstall / re-installs ... was you key unplugged? If not, unplug the key and reboot the MacBook - will assure that the driver is not actively hooked onto the key. Now, uninstall the WIBU driver. Reboot. Re-install the WIBU driver. Reboot. Plug in the key.

Normally all of these reboots are not required on Macs ... but since you're stuck... worth trying...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl,

Yes I follow the unplug , install & restart each time & my WIBU is Blue/Green. I followed your instructions - checked system information on the MBPro (see attached pdf of 3 screen shots 2 from the MBPro & one from the iMac - The first shot on the MBPro shows the WIBU Key working I then removed the key & restarted & it failed to recognise it - see second screen shot. I then tried it again on the iMac & it failed on the iMac (first time since installing WKRuntime V6.3) I removed the key uninstalled the WIBU files on the iMac & reinstalled I then restarted the iMac and it was restored to working on the iMac. Maybe the key is faulty?----
Karl Ottenstein
Does seem pretty strange. Only because GS AUS has suggested a pretty expensive replacement solution... I wonder if you know a nearby user (I think there are quite a few in Brisbane?) who still has a WIBU (vs CM) key who wouldn't mind letting you try their key to verify that it is the key and not a driver/computer issue?

Frustrating situation to be in. Good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks_ _ _ Although It begs the question as to what benefit this key system is to me.
GS Australia have not responded to my request for a money back guarantee on the $330 they previously quoted (offer now expired)
They want money upfront and one can see from this forum, I could not prove whether the hardware or software is at fault, should a new key not respond as well, or just fail anytime it feels like it - Call me a pessimist, but this seems likely to me.
To be fair, I should clarify my earlier statement about Australian upgrade costs Costs to upgrade V16 to V18 under "Select" contract $1150+$1150=$2300+CADImage Tools $350+$700=$1050 Total $3350 without "Select" +$880 = $4230
This is out of the question for me until I can reliably start to earn money again.
Learn and get certified!