BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

WIBU - thick, gooey, molasses!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure if this is a "hardware" topic or a "new user" topic - forgive me if Im in the wrong forum!

Since moving to my new computer (G5 imac) I am vexed by the "Protection Key is Not Responding" dialog... every time a dialog is opened, or an action performed I see the dialog flash as the system "looks" for the key.

Sometimes the dialog will stick for up to a ten-count before disappearing.

Any ideas or suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does it work fine in other computers? This would indicate a USB problem. Have you tried different ports? It is usually best to plug the key into the computer itself. Un-powered hubs (like the keyboard) don't always work well (though I have had no problem with this lately).

It is also possible that there is a problem with the key itself. This would be indicated if you have similar problems on other machines.
Anonymous
Not applicable
lohden -

thanks - it seems to be a problem limited to one machine only and a restart seems to solve the problem - at least temporarily. so until and if the problem returns we're happy campers for now.
Djordje
Ace
leporello wrote:
lohden -

thanks - it seems to be a problem limited to one machine only and a restart seems to solve the problem - at least temporarily. so until and if the problem returns we're happy campers for now.
Did you check the same key on other machines? If it does not happen, then it is the machine - if it does, it is the key. Better replace it.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!