Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

WIBUKEY and CodeMeter

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using AC Start 2011 on my machine for a number of months with no issues, using a code meter stick for licence. I am now doing some contract work and have had to install AC15 and the WIBUKEY app in order to obtain a license over a VPN.

Now when I launch AC Start it bounces in the dock then returns the (230) error code stating no protection key found, despite the code meter stick being mounted.

Anyone had any similar problems or know of any solutions?

much appreciated.

Machine spec:

MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz
OSX 10.7.3
3 REPLIES 3
Tamas Eros
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear scdesign,

First I would like to suggest to update your CodeMeter driver to version 4.30c from here: http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/WIBU.html if you have an older one.
Uninstalling the wibu driver would probably solve the problem but in case you still need to use AC 15 this way please try the following:
1. Start WkConfig application and on Client tab remove the tick before Local (if there was)
2. Start CodeMeter Control Center to open WebAdmin. On Configuration/Network tab add 'localhost' to the Server Search List and apply this setting.
3. If the error message still appears in WkConfig remove the tick from WkLAN as well. When you want to use AC 15 you have to set this back. Hopefully this will solve the problem.
Kind regards,
Tamas Eros
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks for your reply. Is that codemeter updated suitable for ArchiCAD Start 2011 edition, it doesn't seem to state so on the web page? If so I will update it and try this.

Thanks, Simon.
Tamas Eros
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Simon,

We do not have different driver versions for Start Edition so it should work with it.
Kind regards,
Tamas Eros
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base