BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Wacom

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone used wacom sintiq for designing?
Any ideas if its worth or not? I'm thinking of getting one but i'd feel more confident if i get some opinions from you guys.
thanks..
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
I reviewed the Cintiq 21 with SketchUp for Canadian Architect magazine several years ago. I love the product for retouching photography, but…
this is not a tool you'd use with Archicad or any task that wasn't "sketchy."

It is fine painting with a metaphoric brush, but using your entire arm and stylus to operate dialog boxes or precisely place Archicad elements is tedious and tiring.

Swinging around in SketchUp is quite novel at the beginning but drudgery at the end.

We forget how wonderful the mouse is, with tiny gestures being powerful and plenty of resting between gestures. But doing those same tasks with a stylus for more than a few minutes is awful. To be a bigger success this tool needs fingertouch surfaces for quick touchpush of dialog buttons with one hand and drawing with the other.

Good luck.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree. A mouse is much easier to use for precision pointing work like ArchiCAD. But when it comes to something more artistic - the stylus is very helpful, especially the pressure sensitive tip.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much for your answers.
I use quite a lot Rhino to make objects, which I then import into AC. I was thinking of using the stylus to make sketches in photoshop, transform the sketches into lines with illustrator and then into Rhino as DWGs...
I still don't know if it's a good idea...i don't really know if you can get nice results...Is it possible to do something like that?

Thank you,
Lukas
Learn and get certified!