BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Wall Accessories Moldings NOT Wrapping Around Columns

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps the devs should take a look at the Wall Accessories feature and make it more smart and flexible.

I tried to use the feature but moldings DOESN'T wrap around the columns.

I am fully aware of a workaround like just using the wall tool then magic wand along the zone boundary to create your custom moldings. But I believe an issue like this isn't too much of an effort for the devs not to look into.

So the Wall Accessories feature is smooth until it encounters protruding columns and just ignore it.

And not only that. The moldings joints also misbehaves. If not running short, it overextends. This isn't a fine attribute of a mature software for design.

Sigh.
1 REPLY 1
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thanks for the report. It indeed seems to be misbehaving like that. Unfortunately, as you can see in our article about Goodie Add-ons, Goodies are based on legacy code which GRAPHISOFT does not support anymore... they might not function properly and they will not be fixed or upgraded. This means we won't be able to change/fix this for now, but I put this on our wishlist, so that it would be considered when planning new developments.

To solve this issue without the add-on, using the Magic Wand and a Complex Profile instead, seems like a pretty good solution though. Maybe consider using a Complex Beam instead of a Wall - the connections between the wall and the moldings might conflict with each other if they are both made of Walls.

Kind Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!