Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Wall texture orientation based on initial draw direction - IS THIS HARD CODED INTO WALL ELEMENTS ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

I was not sure where to put this but the problem is follows:

In the building's facades I have a repeating pattern, which needs to be exact in elevation drawings. The easiest way to do this would be using a custom fill in walls. I ran into a problem however.

I attached a couple of pictures of two walls where you can see that the texture is set in 3D view to begin from the lower left corner of the wall element (small red arrows). The only thing that is different about the two wall elements is that they are initially drawn into different directions from the starting point of the wall (arrows show the direction of drawing. The fill pattern is mirrored in the leftmost wall element and is repeated into the wrong direction (the opposite one compared to the fill generation tool).

The biggest gripe about this is that this behavior appears to be somehow hard-coded into the wall elements, because none of the wall's settings appear to have any effect on this. The only thing that seems to make a difference is how the wall was initially drawn. The only way to change this later on is to delete the wall along with all doors and windows and to create a new one.

Am I missing something or do walls in Archicad seriously work like this?

I suppose there's a workaround of making a mirrored texture but even then I would have to check every wall if it's being displayed correctly or not... Also I don't think there's ever any reason for the 2d fill texture to be mirrored this way so I'm beginning to think this is a bug. This is in AC22 FIN (build 7000), 64bit.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
muhku wrote:
The only way to change this later on is to delete the wall along with all doors and windows and to create a new one.

No, You can select the wall, EDIT menu > Reference Line & Plane > Invert Wall Direction.
It will not affect doors and windows.

muhku wrote:

Have you tried selecting the wall in 3D, DESIGN menu > Align 3D Texture > Set Origin.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Barry Kelly
muhku wrote:
The only way to change this later on is to delete the wall along with all doors and windows and to create a new one.

No, You can select the wall, EDIT menu > Reference Line & Plane > Invert Wall Direction.

muhku wrote:

Have you tried selecting the wall in 3D, DESIGN menu > Align 3D Texture > Set Origin.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
If that hatch is created by your texture, you could select all of the walls, then use the Align 3D Texture option.

Document => Creative Imaging => Align 3D Texture => Set Origin

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
muhku wrote:

Thank you kind sir for the quick answer, this appears to have done what I was looking for.