BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Walls missing in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having problems with my walls disappearing in 3D mode, they are visible in plans but gone in 3D, elevations and sections.
Walls layer is on and combination allows for walls to be shown, renovation tool is showing all elements.

Any help would be much appreciated
6 REPLIES 6
Check "Filter and Cut Elements in 3D"?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Try all of the things mentioned here.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the tips!
I checked all settings and still couldn't figure out what it was. I duplicated the file and started deleting elements to find if there was a trigger.
I had created a "Building Envelope" using a wireframe slab, this was making my walls disappear when in 3D, elevation and section only-even when the Building Envelope layer was not visible.
The slabs seemed to be not allowing my walls to be seen.
Barry Kelly
Ahh - the slab Building Material has a stronger priority than the wall so it is performing a Priority Based Connection automatically on the walls and effectively removing them because they are weaker.

So either give you slab a BM that is weaker than the walls or better still place in in its own layer and make sure that layer intersection priority number (in the layer settings dialogue) is different to that layer(s) that contain the walls.
This will stop the PBC from occurring.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh WOW, I have never even noticed the layer intersection priority function until you mentioned it. Thank you Barry Kelly!! I will definitely use that.
Barry Kelly
You're welcome.

Remember that each view in your view map saves the layer combination with it.
So you need to make sure the layer priority index number is set as you want it to be in each layer combination.

It is no good just going into the layer settings and changing numbers and the pressing OK.
What you see on screen will be fine but as soon as you choose a view from the view map the layer priorities will reset.
The drawings on your layouts also come from the views so these need to be correct - therefore your layer combinations need to be correct.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!