Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Weird mouse point

Andre_Steynberg
Booster
So I've been having this problem with my mouse cursor and its driving me bananas.
Whil working and clicking / selecting items it will randomly change into the small crosshair cursor and refuse to go back to the normal Windows cursor, when its changed into the crosshairs I cannot select anything and none of my shortcuts work as well.

To get it back to normal I either have to save and restart, randomly select a schedule or elevation from the view map or reload my work enviroment profile, this usually resets it and the cursor goes back to normal behaviour.

Its been happening for quite a while (few months) and just spontaneously happens, anyone else perhaps have a similiar issue?
Don't even know where to start troubleshooting?
Andre Steynberg
Win 10 64-bit
AC27
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
A small crosshair usually occurs when you are in any tool except the Arrow Tool? Unless it is a larger crosshair that occurs when you have the ruler visible and Cursor Projection enabled.

Sounds weird for sure. Have you tried switching work environments when this happens?

Cheers,
Link.
Barry Kelly
I can't say for sure but I would try updating your video card drivers.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Andre_Steynberg
Booster
Thanks for the replies guys.

@ Link, sorry I didn't I explained myself properly.
The error / bug usually occurs when I'm working and I go select any type of element, wall, object anything really. It switches from the regular cursor into the small crosshairs and then its stuck in the small crosshair.

I'll see if I can screengrab it happening but until then Ill update any and all drivers on my pc
Andre Steynberg
Win 10 64-bit
AC27