BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Why do my fonts keep changing?

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Every time I open a file (AC11), all my fonts in my layouts turn to ARIAL UNICODE? Doesn't matter which font they started with, they are now all Arial every time I open... I change them each time I open the file, yet still they are back to Arial after closing then opening again.

I am sorry if this discussion already exists, I couldn't find it
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem with one of my projects... still haven't found a solution. I will look for my earlier post to see if someone responded...
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is my post from February 6th that did not get a response:

I'm getting this weird thing happening when I open my project and the views update on a layout, in this case elevations. When the views update, all the the fonts in the views change to a different type. Of coarse its not the font that corresponds to our office standards.
Any ideas?
Thomas Holm
Booster
I've no idea how resolve this on XP...

On the Mac, I'd first Repair Permissions using the system's Disk utilities, then use a font utility (I recommend the free Linotype Font Explorer X), let it manage the fonts, then clean all font caches, and then restart. If it doesn't work then, I'd reinstall (repair) Archicad. But on Windows... ask someone who knows 😉
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
rjwilden
Booster
Thomas wrote:
I've no idea how resolve this on XP...

On the Mac, I'd first Repair Permissions using the system's Disk utilities, then use a font utility (I recommend the free Linotype Font Explorer X), let it manage the fonts, then clean all font caches, and then restart. If it doesn't work then, I'd reinstall (repair) Archicad. But on Windows... ask someone who knows 😉

Another Mac user having trouble with fonts
Strange fonts keep applying themselves to text, labels,detail markers.
I have tried Thomas Holms suggestion its no better. Seem to be only on the new iMac that the problem exists.
Anyone who has had a similar issue and resolved it I would be grateful if you cold add to the post

Regards Richard.
Richard Wilden Design. Ltd
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Imac 27" i9 3.6GHz; 32GB Ram Mac OS 11.3
Archicad V23:V24
Thomas Holm
Booster
It's probably a font activation issue. I got one when I switched to leopard. FontExplorer works fine for this. Check that you have the fonts you want activated, and preferably just one copy of each.

You might also want to check out this thread.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just an FYI it is not an OS issue. I am running Windows XP and have the same problem. I deleted Arial Unicode from my cpu but now it is just replacing it whit Tahoma.
Learn and get certified!