BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

WinXP taskbar bug

Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I am experiencing a very strange bug on WinXP SP2. AC and PM taskbar icons (when they are open) keep disappearing from the task bar so I have to use Win Task Manager to force them to front or maximise. It happens after the screen saver mode or working with other application for a while. Has anyone experienced that as well?
::rk
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have noticed this at times and it usually occurs when windows explorer is about to fail over. This usually occurs when I have really stretched the system resources and this seems to be an effective way of communicating that! I have noticed that if you just use alt + tab you can make them re-appear without going into task manager.

Sometimes when programs stop responding due to system resources or cause a memory leak (program just keeps slowly increasing its memory utilisation until all resources are exhausted) in explorer.exe you can just go into task manager, click on processes and end process on explorer.exe (yes this shouldn't be done lightly), then go to run in task manager and enter 'explorer.exe' and hit enter. Then your desktop will reappear - nearly as good as a reboot. I know this is not a solution but it may help a little.
Erika Epstein
Booster
I've noticed this too since the last build 2045.
Most annoying as at first I thought Plotmaker had crashed.
Near enough to the truth, though.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This is a known bug that Graphisoft is aware of.

It's similar to the one where sometimes after you open up ArchiCAD Help, after a few seconds it will just minimize.

Both are under investigation AFAIK.

Cheers,
Link.
Djordje
Ace
Link wrote:
It's similar to the one where sometimes after you open up ArchiCAD Help, after a few seconds it will just minimize.
In my case, immediately
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!