Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Zero Zoom

christurley
Newcomer
Hey All - I am really stuck. Was working on a home renovation. Starting making a complex profile for a wall base. When I finished I went to my first floor and hit zoom all and got a blank screen. The zoom is 0.00000% and no matter what I manually type or select in there it goes back to zero. If I go to another floor zoom all still works fine. First floor - nothing. The data is there - if I go to second floor and do the zoom all and then move down one level everything can be seen. AS soon as I hit zoom all - blank screen and zer0 per cent zoom. Cannot for the life of me figure this one out. HELP!.
Chris Turley
www.TurleyArchitects.com

Windows 10, Archicad 23
THINKPAD P50 32GB RAM, 64 BIT OS
3 REPLIES 3
christurley
Newcomer
SOLVED IT - for future reference if someone has the same problem: I had created a complex profile with no fill. There was something about it the freaked out Archicad. Just restored the database from a backup and went through it and was able to recreate the error and then the solution.
Chris Turley
www.TurleyArchitects.com

Windows 10, Archicad 23
THINKPAD P50 32GB RAM, 64 BIT OS
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Thanks for reporting this issue and its fix.
I will report it to GRAPHISOFT so they can fix the underlying cause in the code.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Chris,

Thank you for sharing the issue!

At first, the complex profile shouldn't be empty, or else you won't be able to save it (for some reason, a profile can be empty if you close the Profile Manager right after it is created). I came across many cases where somehow the profile does not include any fill, or the fill was corrupted, which leads to a symptom similar to a far from origin project. In those cases, I can only delete elements one by one, in order to pinpoint what is exactly causing it. It takes a lot of time, but this is the only way to solve it!

This is a limitation of within the code, I believe. I am very sorry about the inconvenience, but I'm glad that the problem is solved for you!

I wish you a great week ahead!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT