BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Zooming with the scroll wheel

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am experiencing a strange problem where my scroll wheel zoom seems to stop zooming.

This happens at odd times and only affects the workspace. It does not affect scrolling in navigation bars etc.

It is only in ArchiCAD where this happens; all other programs are fine. I am only able to fix it by signing out of the project and resigning in.

I am using a generic Mac mouse on a 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Xeon with 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 F8-Dimm.

Please help! This is probably the most annoying thing that happens in my work day!
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I experienced this when I started using the mac.....and discovered that there really are no problems.... it is caused when you have lots of windows or programs open and your switching back and forth from time to time.... and when you click back to the archicad work environment certain mouse commands don't seem to function.... I learned that if you go ahead and re-click the archicad icon (application) that is located on your dock... it will solve you supposedly mouse zoom malfunctions.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Happens to me as well, I restart ArchiCAD
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am also having the same problem on mac Leopard + archicad11; zooming in and out with mouse wheel stops in archicad. Happens at least once a day, and I have to quit&restart Archicad to get mouse zooming again. Even when this happens, panning with down-pressed mouse button works still fine. Zooming works fine if I swap to some other application, so the problem is not dirty mouse etc -it's only happening in archicad.

This started to happen right after Leopard was installed as an operating system last week. With previous system (OS X 10.4) I never saw this problem.

I have MacBook pro, Intel thingies inside. I tested and problem occurs with both, wireless (bluetooth) and wired Mighty Mouse. Archicad 11, 1210 FIN FULL.
Anonymous
Not applicable
lanki wrote:
I am also having the same problem on mac Leopard + archicad11; zooming in and out with mouse wheel stops in archicad. Happens at least once a day, and I have to quit&restart Archicad to get mouse zooming again....
I have AC11 repeatdly shut down when using the scroll function or orbit tool since installing Leopard 10.5.1. No AC bug report. No autosave.
Instead an automatic report to Apple pops up.

This "scroll thing" and the well known ATI OpenGL issue makes AC almost unusable on my MacBook Pro...

I hope GS can sort this out with Apple in short time or at least GS will post some information
Anonymous
Not applicable
What makes me wondering, dealing with this navigation issues after a while some of my AC files get corrupted somehow ?!?

I have few walls and roofs represented by triangles when selecting (3ds import like) and certain complex profiles cannot be edited > crash.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It happened to me again this morning. ArchiCAD fix this problem! (Or at least tell me how to fix it).
Learn and get certified!