Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ac 17 is running in demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently i upgraded my license from ac14 to ac17. i have installed ac17 in my system (win 7) then i plugged wibu key, below it showed wibu box is successfully installed. then i open ac 17 its running in demo mode.
can any give me a solution for this problem.
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
selva1986:

Has the WIBU key been upgraded via the Graphisoft web site?

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes i have upgraded my license through graphisoft standalon 'license activation tool'
Barry Kelly
Can you still run version 14?
If so the WIBU key is still being recognised but may not have upgraded properly so check with the license activation tool again.
If 14 is not running then try plugging the WIBU key into another USB port.
Maybe try that anyway.
And when in doubt remove the key and restart your machine then replace the key.
A simple restart can sometimes do wonders.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes. My ac 14 also running in demo. This problem is started after i upgraded to ac 17. Before its working ok.
Karl Ottenstein
When you installed 17, are you sure that you selected the correct protection key for installation of updated drivers? You would have had a choice of the plastic blue WIBU key (old keys) or the silver/metal Codemeter keyplug.

You can just re-install the proper driver to be sure:
http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/protection_key.html
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Maybe it is not the answer, but did you restart your system after the upgrade. It may have installed a new driver and it needs a system restart before it is loaded.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27