Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

archicad 12 installing problem on vista premium 64bit

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have a problem installing archicad 12.

the installer starts fine, i have a code for the educational version, but it only installs until about 40-50% then it suddenly stops, the window shows the final step, the one where it says that the installation was successful and you have to choose wich shortcuts you want and that's it.

so it only installs half way and i don't know what could be wrong. i tried installing it on a 32 bit windows vista and it went fine, so i'm assuming it has something to do with the 64 bit vista.

my system is a dell precision t5400, quad core, 4gb ram-that's why i installed the 64 bit version of vista

so if anyone knows what the problem could be or has any suggestions, please help. thanks!

LE: the install stops when installing something related to some artlantis plugin
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have a look at this article on ArchiCADwiki. It may help perhaps -

http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD%2012%20Install%20Problems?highlight=%28%5C%E2%80%A2%5C+ArchiCAD%5C+12%29
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks, i read it.

i found a solution eventually, it was java's fault....never thought this could be the problem because I un-installed I and re-installed it while trying to make archicad to install, but somehow this time it worked.

thanks anyway!