Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

archicad 13 shutting down on startup

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi,
i have downloaded Archicad 13 and installed it succesfully but when i go to use the program it freezes at the start up screen and then i have to shut the program down.
I have uninstalled it and installed it again and also downloaded it again so i know that there is nothing wrong with the file.
I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems and knows how to solve it??
I have the Australian educational version if that makes any difference

thanks
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am seeing a similar problem after installing AC13 on a new system set up. This isn't the first system I have seen this problem on: the base install and hotfixes go flawlessly, but then it hangs at the splash screen and refuses to go any further when you try to launch. System is a HP xw4400/Core 2 duo with Quadro fx1500 and 2GB dual channel; running WinXP-SP3 and I.E. 8.

The other system was a Dell E520/Pentium D, with Quadro 1700 and 2GB dual channel. I set it up the same way, WinXP SP3 and I.E.8. We have the identical failure: Application Hang. If someone at Graphisoft has a handle on this, I would appreciate hearing back. If you need a stack dump, please get back to me. Our firm uses a BIM server for both AC 13 and 14, and all network users get their license from it. I verified that we hadn't exceeded our teamwork user seat limit. BTW, it won't run in Demo mode either.