BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

archicad 15 is always crashing

Anonymous
Not applicable
archicad 15 i do not what is happen to it but it always crashing and closing when i dealing with 2d symbol editing in script and sometimes crashing when i draw curve slab or draw half circle on worksheet really this is problem also changing 2d symbol becoming hard to me because i made the custom window semi arched and custom mullions what is i am supposing to do i have 4 Gb hard empty 3Gb ram and 1 Giga grapgic card and it works perfectly until this moment with archicad 14 (noting that i loaded archicad 14 library into my projects because i do not like style of windows and doors preview picture in archicad 15) and the specification as below i did not even start the project in archicad 15 all i did that i made this custom window below
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
It could be you machine specs.
These are the Graphisoft recommended specs.
I have highlighted where your mahine may be struggling.
Not sure about your video card.
Barry.

Windows

Operating System

Microsoft Windows
XP, Vista or 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
64-bit system is recommended.
Note: ArchiCAD 15 was tested by Graphisoft on Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Windows Vista Ultimate, and Windows XP Professional. Not tested editions differ in features that do not affect the correct functionality of ArchiCAD.

Other Software

QuickTime 7 or later and Java 1.6.0 or later are required.
Note: ArchiCAD installer will automatically install QuickTime 7 and Java 1.6.12 if they are not present on your computer.
Required Hardware

Intel Pentium 4 or higher required
Note: Multicore processor is recommended to exploit ArchiCAD 15 performance capabilities. Read more about this topic
Memory and Disk Space

With 64-bit system: 3 GB RAM is required, 6 GB RAM or more is recommended.
With 32-bit system: 2 GB RAM is required, 4 GB or more is recommended.
5 GB free disk space required for a full installation of ArchiCAD.
Additional 10 GB hard disk space required per project for work with complex models and 3D visualization.
Display

Resolution of 1024 x 768 is required.
Resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher is recommended.
True Color display adapter is needed.
Open GL and DirectX9 compatible graphic card with on-board video memory of 256 MB or more is recommended to fully exploit hardware acceleration capabilities.
You can find a list of recommended video cards at: http://archicadwiki.com/Video_Cards
Optional Hardware Peripherals

All major plotter, printers and digitizers can be used with ArchiCAD.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!