Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

bimobject - Lessons Learned So Far

scom570
Contributor
I use a mix of bimobject and sketchup object files to populate my projects. This is what I have found out so far about working with bimobject.

Add-On
Might be my machine, but this is very slow. This should have the ability to import multiple objects at once from your favourites.

Problems
I had a model where I imported several objects from the portal through the add-on. Then one day they disappeared and I could not find them locally, on my server or anywhere and had to re-insert. My workaround has been to have the bimobject website open and then download them into my browser and move them into a bimobject folder on my server. I know where they are and can refresh the library and have the objects available.
Some imported objects come with a ton of material choices that can make your survaces very long. Fortunately they are at the end of the list.

North American Manufacturers. Not many there supplying .gsm files, however, you can download the Sketchup files of same as a workaround. Please be aware, that this will make your model bigger.
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru
3. Even if they provide a gsm file, it is sometimes just a converted skp or 3ds file so is just as big...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Miha_M
Advisor
"We have decided to discontinue the plugin development.
You can only use the plugins for 2016 and older versions at the time being.
The current plugins will also stop supporting the apps in a near future. This means that you will have to download directly from www.bimobject.com instead."

This is the answer I got from BimObject after asking them about an updated Archicad 23 plugin.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

scom570
Contributor

Thanks.  It is a little safer this way and I now have a decent workflow with these bimobject downloads.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!