BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

camera View

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi guys,
A new user of Archicad and the experience has been tremendously awesome so far....its much faster designing and drafting plans here though.

Pls i need assistance in designing roofs...especially when the roof is a bit complicated. I understand that there are free add-ons someplace where i can download for complex roofing. In addition, could the walls of my buildings look thicker just like how the polylines/lineweights look in AutoCAD? Before i forget how can you render a camera view only...whenever i render in the lightworks, the building looks so far away.

Thanks so much.

Ters
Think real, think big.....THINK POSITIVE!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
good
Dwight
Newcomer
Roof

Try first with the polyroof tool. See attached. This will place a roof bounded by your contiguous walls. It uses the magic wand to locate the perimeter - It follows around and makes a great job.

Walls

You must specify the actual wall thickness in the Wall tool. Each pen has a controllable thickness. But on-screen you can draw in real thickness or hairline.

Render

Use camera tool to place a camera on the plan in a reasonable place relative to your building. SELECT the camera. F3 for a view.

Every one of your questions indicates that you should thoroughly study the documentation and have a friend show you a few things....
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!