BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

certain elements printing as grey inseatd of black

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

All of a sudden our splines and on a few fill borders and arrow head print grey instead of black. This is happening on plans previously printed by the same computers to the same printer?

It's also happening when we PDF so it's not the computer, right?

I've attached 2 PDFs

PDF sample = printed with the Color Conversion: standard and Quartz Filter: none

Thanks in advance

Moji
2 REPLIES 2
genarch
Enthusiast
We are having the same issues at our office! Certain walls will print gray, then suddenly change to black. The overall effect of the gray makes the print look fuzzy.

I saved the file as an AC 10 file and printed from there, same gray in the exact same areas. So I saved it as an AC 9 file and brought a saved view into PlotMaker (I don't miss that process).

In any case, printing out of Plotmaker was great. There were no unintended gray areas, just crisp black output.

Like you, the PDF files also printed with gray areas, so it seems like the problem is ArchiCAD. I'll also attach a PDF.

*Additional info: this only happens when printing. They gray areas do not appear in our plotted output. And my PDF was 500k, so I wasn't able to upload.

**After further testing, I think I've determined the problem here. The file I am working on was originally created using a previous version of ArchiCAD (probably AC9, maybe even AC8). When I opened a new model file in AC11, then copied and pasted from the file that's having trouble. The pasted info in the 'fresh' model file printed just fine! The only problem is there is no feasible way to migrate all the details, etc. from the old file to a new one! Unfortunately, this isn't the first time we've run into trouble with old model files.
Mac OSX 13.6.5

AC27&26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

iMac Pro 2017 / 8-core 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - thanks for the response.

We created our project in v10 so the problem can't stem from earlier versions...and we haven't yet upgraded to v11. This problem happened once (the day i posted - obviously because we were working to a deadline on that day) and has happened only 1 other time since then. I am sorry to hear that it is happening to you in v11 as i thought that upgrading from v10 would solve the matter. I'll post if i find out what the problem is.

Thanks again

M
Learn and get certified!