BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

cinerender crash with archicad 20

julienK
Advocate
Hi,

In archicad 20 cinerender is not working. In the surface palette when switching to cinerender settings the previews stay black and I get an error message saying:

Cinerender by maxon add-on has unexpectedly stopped working
Archicad should be restarted.

I get the same error message when trying to render a 3d view.

I tried repairing archicad to no avail.

Any idea on how to fix this issue ?

Thanks
22 REPLIES 22
Karl Ottenstein
Probably requires contacting your technical support. In the least, anyone would need to know your operating system, hardware configuration, and if it always happens - or with a particular file/scene.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
julienK
Advocate
Well its sunday so so no tech support.

For the rest:

I'm on windows 10

My cg is a geforce gtx770 which had no issue with AC19.

The problem occurs all the time, even with a new project.
julienK
Advocate
I fixed it.

My graphic card drivers were outdated. I installed the most recent ones and now everything works fine.
shtarkel
Participant
Thanks for posting the solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there !
I am facing the same issue with the cinerender rendering engine on archicad 20 .
I tried updating my graphic card drivers but still the screen is black when rendering and i get the same messages mentionned above " cinerender by maxon add-on has unexpectadly closed : Archicad should be restarted "
It happens with all my projects .
I dont think the problem is from my computer : i have a 965m nvidia geforce graphic card and i use windows 10 .
Any suggestions please ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
same thing here on mac , have made a detailed post about it...any info?
Barry Kelly
I see Theonia has a Geforce video card - not sure about AndRec.

If you have a programme installed called "GeForce Experience" then in-install it.
With Geforce cards all you want is the drivers installed and not all the extra stuff that comes with them.

I have had trouble (not this particular problem) on a couple of machines and deleting this program fixed them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here too on win 10 with AMD Radeon vga, all fresh drivers and i guess literally everything done right, except reinstalling the system.... yeah no freaking way

Getting tired of ArchiCAD issues... in every damn version, since i use it, i get one or two annoying specific bugs, this is though the worst.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I tried rendering on Archicad 20 and I get the same error message as the original poster mentioned. I've updated my drivers to their latest. And yet, I get the same results. It's just the same message again and again. This has been my problem for weeks and It's just frustrating now.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

I ran on Windows 8.1 Pro
CPU: AMD FX-8320e
RAM: 24GB
GPU: AMD radeon R7 370
SSD: Samsung EVO 500gb
Learn and get certified!