Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

codemeter needs to be converted to HID

David Collins
Advocate
ArchiCAD 22 keeps advising me that my codemeter key needs to be converted to HID class. Fine. Whatever.
I've downloaded the converter program and run it sveral times. Each time the program tells me the codemeter has been succesfully converted. However, after a few sessions the same warning pops back up again. Is anybody else seeing this?
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Best to talk to your reseller.

We had some issues with software key a while back, stuff got fixed remotely, not much we could do on our end, so to speak.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi David,

To finish the conversion process you must power down your CodeMeter dongle either by turning the computer off and on (restart is not enough as the key will remain continuously powered during that) or you could also unplug and replug the key. Doing the latter is most secure when there are no borrowed licenses from the key.

Read more here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/75693/

Csaba
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
David Collins
Advocate
Thanks Csaba,
I fixed this a while back, but may have over-killed the solution. I updated the codemeter firmware after which it scared me to death by forgetting all my license information. Running the GS License Manager tool restored those and I was good to go.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)