Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

colors - true line weight - objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
OS 10.15.4, AC 23, 3003 USA FULL

1. I have my always used pen set selected > colors do not display at all in the model as selected in the tool (lines, poly lines, etc.)

2. In on screen view options when I select 'True Line Weights' then true line weights are not displayed; when 'True Line Weights' is not selected (not checked) then true line weights are displayed.

3. Some object i place in the model do not display fully; i.e. they do not display as show in the Object selection panel. Example > the NCS 23 graphic scale colored bars shown in the object selection panel when placed in the model displays only its outline and numbers, not the alternating colored bars.

I have shut down, restarted, zapped the pram, reopened file with a repair > NADA. ??
13 REPLIES 13
Marc H
Advisor
A snapshot might be helpful. Some thoughts (which you may have checked): a) the no color option blocking display, b) graphic overrides in force, c) pen set assigned, c) 3D engine, d) memory usage.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You could also try to install the latest drivers for your graphics card, and some of these issues sound to me like graphics issues. Let's see if that helps any.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
UP FRONT NOTE: Other .pln files are not having the same issues. I have shut down computer, restarted and when opening this file I do a repair; done this a few times.

a) the no color option blocking display. >> No Color option >> where is that?

b) graphic overrides in force. >> Graphic Overrides status > No Overrides.

c) pen set assigned. >> Pen set is good and assigned.

d) 3D engine. >> 3D presentation appears ok.

e) memory usage. >> I have 4G and other .pln's do not have these issues.
Marc H
Advisor
How about a comparison snapshot of a good display and a problem display?
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Barry Kelly
46cruisair wrote:
b) graphic overrides in force. >> Graphic Overrides status > No Overrides.

You may have 'No Overrides' active for the graphic Overrides.
But what about your Renovation Filter.
These can override pen colours as well.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Renovation filter is set to all new and everything is New.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post some screenshots that show your whole application window and the problematic elements?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I solved the issue by saving all of my plans into another AC file that was not having these issues; first I saved a 'good' project file to a new name and then deleted everything in the file. Then I copy and pasted all of my story plane information into the new good file.

That made everything happy and new - the issues went away. It had to have been some weird corruption in that file; example of that was the reverse status of the 'Show True Line Weights'.

Thanks all for the responses but no matter how I held my tongue it didn't gee-haw.
Barry Kelly
46cruisair wrote:
I solved the issue by saving all of my plans into another AC file that was not having these issues; first I saved a 'good' project file to a new name and then deleted everything in the file. Then I copy and pasted all of my story plane information into the new good file.

That made everything happy and new - the issues went away. It had to have been some weird corruption in that file; example of that was the reverse status of the 'Show True Line Weights'.

Thanks all for the responses but no matter how I held my tongue it didn't gee-haw.

Probably not a weird corruption.
You have simply copied your model into a file that has the correct settings for the reno filters, graphic overrides, or what ever was actually causing the problem.

Your reno filter may be set to 'new' and all elements may be 'new', but the 'new' filter may have been set to 'override' new elements rather than just 'show' them.
I am not saying that is the problem, but I am guessing it is just a simple setting somewhere.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11