Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

dongle hierachy

Anonymous
Not applicable
howdy

we have the following situation

- 5 people are using archiCAD v16 connected to a network key

- 1 person using v11 with a local usb dongle

problem is… the user using v11 often takes a network key when Ist launching archiCAD… which obviously means there is 1 less key available for v16 users

is there anyway to force the v11 user to ONLY use the local dongle and not have them fetch a network key

i always thought that archiCAD looked locally for a dongle before looking for a net key

thanks in advance for any help

yukioMishima
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Yes, there is a way. But, it depends on what kind of dongle - WIBU (blue plastic) or CodeMeter (silver) - and what operating system the v11 user is using.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
karl

thanks for the reply

the v11 user is on a macPro (10.6.8 ) using a wibu key

thanks again

yukioMishima
Karl Ottenstein
Assuming that only the WIBU drivers are installed on that 10.6.8 machine... See the screenshot of the WkConfig in this article:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troubleshooting/licensing/wibukey-troubleshooting/

and make sure that "WkLAN" is NOT checked for the Client so that network search will be disabled and only the local key should be found.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
karl

unfort this machine is also used sometimes to connect to the key server to run v16… so i believe it has the codemeter drivers installed… as well as the v11 enabler

is there anything i can configure for it to default to the local wibu when launching v11 and the net key when launching v16

huge thanks again for your help with this

yukioMishima
Karl Ottenstein
I don't believe you can control things by version. This sounds like something you should contact tech support about...