Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

everything in layout book locked

Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm using archicad 10, for some reason everything in the layout book is locked and i cant click on text in the masters or anything to change it.

all layers are turned on and unlocked.
11 REPLIES 11
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Are the elements themselves locked? Is (or was) this a Teamwork file?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Djordje
Ace
Percy,

version, OS, machine? Please?

Are you in the layout view or the Master view?

Did you read the manual on Masters and Layouts?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
archicad V10 (with latest update), windows XP 32bit, pentium 4 3Ghz, 2GB DDR2 ram.

it is not a teamwork file.

i've used layouts and layout books alot before in the past so am fully familiar with how it works.

all other models i've created are working fine on this computer but for some reason this new models layout book is broken.

when i say locked, what i mean is when i try and click on anything in the layout book on the main layout (such as text or viewports) it doesnt let me click on anything.

it is very annoying because it means i cant extract any drawings from a model that i have put alot of work into.
TomWaltz
Participant
Did you try merging it into another layout book, so you can copy the layouts you've made into a fresh file?

Also, what do you mean by "Main layout"?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like you placed the drawings directly on the master sheet and you are viewing a layout that references this master. So if this is the case the information on the master sheet can not be selected from the layout view that only references that master. The master information is a Mask or Ghost information and can only be selected by opening the master.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry i meant "master layout" not main layout.

i definetely havent placed info onto the master layout, i've done everything correctly (like i have done a million times before on previous archicad models) but for some reason this one is not working.
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
I'm going to ask a silly question here.
Are you sure that you don't have grid snapping on?

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Actually, that's a good question. Come-to-think-of-it, I had someone here who was unable to select anything in the Layout Book, and turned out she had snapping on (which was set at a 4'-0" grid), making everything within the Layout unselectable.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
ben, thats exactly what the problem was! your a star. cheers bud.