Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

export an animation from archicad to artlantis

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi everybody
do you folk use artlantis for rendering? i need your help
i have created an animation in archicad11, and then have chosen the option create fly-through, set parameters, checked the option "save as art lantis document", and then went to "save", but the little windows has appeard with "please go to 3d window to save document as art lantis file". so i went to 3d window,and did the process again, but meanwhile the window has changed back to the 2d, and i have had again the same problem.
can anybody help me? please...
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi
did you try to export fly-trough to the art lantis? i cant do that, if you do, please help me
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Artlantis is asking you to save from the 3D window, so why not try Save As.. and select artlantis document when in the 3D window.

It may not take your full animation (then again it might, I don't create fly throughs any more) but your model will be in Artlantis, where you can edit the path and cameras etc.

Cheers
Karl Ottenstein
Yes, save from the 3D window. But, you cannot save animations, VR's etc. Only fixed cameras. But, if you save all cameras involved in your animation, then in Artlantis Studio you can use those cameras to re-create your animation path. Unless you have some specific reason for setting up the animation in ArchiCAD (precise positioning of cameras relative to other geometric elements is the only possibility not available in Artlantis itself) - you would really be doing yourself a favor by setting up the entire animation in Artlantis, which provides very quick visual feedback during the entire process.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
katigb wrote:
hi
did you try to export fly-trough to the art lantis? i cant do that, if you do, please help me

WalkThrough.jpg
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Karl Ottenstein
Woah. I've never seen that option, Djordje! Thanks for pointing it out!

Is the path exported exactly the same? Or is the smoothing different?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
Karl wrote:
Woah. I've never seen that option, Djordje! Thanks for pointing it out!

Is the path exported exactly the same? Or is the smoothing different?

Cheers,
Karl
Come on ... Has been there since always.

The path and the camera properties should be tweaked in Artlantis, of course. Studio is THE animation tool, isn't it?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen