Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

help with 8.1 installation.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Windows cannot find the wibu key. I told it to search the archicad 8.1 disk, and the internet and it found nothing. The website for wibu won't come up. Now I cannot even pull up 7.0 either. what is going on here!!!!! Did Graphisoft not have the forsight to include drivers on the 8.1 disk?
6 REPLIES 6
aahatimo
Newcomer
Shae wrote:
Windows cannot find the wibu key.
shae,
there was a letter in the 8.1 upgrade pack. are you on xp? sounds like some sort of drug.... there are also osx install notes.
you need to unplug the key before installing 8.1, then reboot & install the key. i actually turned machine off inserted key then started it up.
drivers are on the disk. also new drivers are @ the
http://tr.graphisoftus.com/
site gs-us has WIBU Drivers version 4 for Windows & osx to download, the disk has 3.x.
i have had to uninstasll/reinstall many times recently due to a hpgl2 upgrade for my hp500 plotter. key has been recognised each time.
good luck! this rapid forum is great.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
aahatimo wrote:
Shae wrote:
Windows cannot find the wibu key.
shae,
there was a letter in the 8.1 upgrade pack. are you on xp? sounds like some sort of drug.... there are also osx install notes.
you need to unplug the key before installing 8.1, then reboot & install the key. i actually turned machine off inserted key then started it up.
drivers are on the disk. also new drivers are @ the
http://tr.graphisoftus.com/
site gs-us has WIBU Drivers version 4 for Windows & osx to download, the disk has 3.x.
i have had to uninstasll/reinstall many times recently due to a hpgl2 upgrade for my hp500 plotter. key has been recognised each time.
good luck! this rapid forum is great.
Yes I am on XP and I followed the instructions, with one small detail, I uninstalled 8.0. I guess this caused some problems. In the past this as been the modus operandi. I didn't see anything to the contrary. Now WIBU doesn't work. I can't even open 7.0. We also have an HP 500, but it is installed on another machine. What Can I do? RIght now I am installing the update from the WIBU website which the home page is busted for. Luckily someone posted a link to thier update page.
aahatimo
Newcomer
Shae wrote:
Yes I am on XP and I followed the instructions, with one small detail, I uninstalled 8.0. I guess this caused some problems. In the past this as been the modus operandi. I didn't see anything to the contrary. Now WIBU doesn't work. I can't even open 7.0. We also have an HP 500, but it is installed on another machine. What Can I do? RIght now I am installing the update from the WIBU website which the home page is busted for. Luckily someone posted a link to thier update page.
i am sure you have uninstralled / reinstalled. 8.1. if all else fails you may need to use the gs regisrty cleaner jeffry posted to tr site
ftp://techsupport:h3lp2003@ftp.graphisoft.com/gs%20kb/gskb%20660%20(gs%20registry%20cleaner)
but be careful, it will wipe out all your prefs
"This technical support tool helps you start from the basics when encountering strange problems. With this applet you can get rid of all the messed up settings of your ArchiCAD environment. By double-clicking on the downloaded executable you can delete all registry entries related to any ArchiCAD versions and all preferences and cache files related to versions 8 and 8.1 from the system folder (preferences files of previous versions remain untouched).

Note: Be careful since it deletes potentially valuable data too (e.g. the DXF/DWG translators, keyboard shortcut settings and IS settings etc.). If you wish to use them later on you have to backup those data first."

my hp500 hpgl2 card upgrade caused pm3 & 3.1 to crash when opening files. took days to sort that one out. i feel your pain
tim hanagan
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally it worked. That registry cleaner app did the trick. Thanks so much for your phone call. Who says that kindness is dead!!! Thanks again. The new procedure for 8.1 should be uninstall 8. reboot, registry cleaner, reboot, install, plug in key, install wibu, work.
aahatimo
Newcomer
shae,
glad you are back up and running.
tim hanagan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to confuse matters, I installed AC8.1 onto my Windows 2000 system PC with the Soft ware key in situ and without uninstalling either AC 8 or AC 7 which are still both resident on my machine. AC8.1 is working fine and so are the others. They all were installed to their own folders rather then trying to install them over any thing else.

The Install instructions for AC8.1 in the windows environment actually contradict themselves in two places within the same install instructions. One says remove the software key before installing the other does not!!!!!!