BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

installed 9, now can't run 8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
This seems to maybe be a key issue?

I installed 9, upgraded the key, and AC9 will run but now 8.1 will not start. I get the starting screen graphic and then the spinning rainbow wheel and can only force quit out. Downloaded wibu key update from the support page, tried re-installing 8.1 (then updating to v2) and running the wibu update all to no avail.

thoughts?

Thanks!
Katie Bertsche

Mac 1.2g G4, OSx.3.7
7 REPLIES 7
__archiben
Booster
just a thought:

you're not trying to run them simultaneously are you? one key will run many sessions of the same version, but not of multiple versions. i.e. you can only run 8.1 or 9 - not both together . . .

any good?
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Katie:

I do not have a solution to your problem, but contrary to Ben's reply, I can run both ArchiCAD 8.1 and 9.0 simultaneously on the Mac.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wasn't trying to run them both at the same time, but we figured it out...I had to throw away all the old 8 and 8.1 preferences and problem solved. Should have thought of that first.
Hopefully everything will work fine now

Thanks!
Katie B.
__archiben
Booster
David wrote:
but contrary to Ben's reply, I can run both ArchiCAD 8.1 and 9.0 simultaneously on the Mac.
with only one key? or do you have a network license?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just tried and I too can run AC8.1 and AC 9 together on one key. It is an individual USB key.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ben wrote:
with only one key? or do you have a network license?

Ben:

I have only one key. I also have a PowerBook similar to yours that I used to verify this (FYI I am able to open ArchiCAD 9.0, 8.1 and 7.0 simultaneously on the one key). I am surprised that you cannot do this as I cannot remember a time when the ArchiCAD key wouldn't run multiple versions simultaneously (previously Graphisoft supplied updated older applications when the key needed to be exchanged). I wish I could give you some ideas, but I haven't done anything unusual to get both versions to run. When you have one version running, what happens when you launch the other version? I am also curious if other users are having your experience or mine. HTH.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Eduardo Rolon
No problem here running both AC8.1 and two AC09 sessions at the same time.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!