Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

invisible preview mid-operation

Anonymous
Not applicable
G'day folks.
Have this issue with two teamwork files so far.
While drawing a dimension, polygon or dragging an object (so presumably any multi-click operation) after the first click the operation becomes invisible until the final click. No preview of that fill you were dragging or confirmation of that dimension point you clicked.

We can remind Archicad go back to its polite ways by swapping to another application and then back. Normal behavior resumes until it happens again. So far this is a daily event.

Haven't seen anything on the forums or wiki matching this yet.

Any help, sympathy or solidarity appreciated.

Specs PC (64bit) Windows 7, AC14 (4204)
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
This lack of dynamic display (rubber band walls, fills, etc) was an issue many versions ago with certain graphics/display adapters.

You might verify that your graphics driver is up-to-date. If so, you might look at your Work Environment and completely turn 2D acceleration off and see if that helps...

Other ideas?...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl.

I have switched (dragged) 2d hardware acceleration off and will be checking graphics card drivers by the end of the week.

I'll add to this thread tomorrow to report any effects of the first measure.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had no complaints from the usual suspects since turning off the 2d acceleration and it's been over a week.

You may draw your own conclusions folks!