Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ipad pro

Erika Epstein
Booster
Any one using it?
Comments?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I have never felt an urge to buy an iPad until the iPad pro. It really is a fantastic device ...

pro's:
- bright, sharp, fantastic screen
- fast
- the keyboard is surprisingly pleasant to use
- apps to definitely try: BIMx Pro, Bluebeam Revu, Trace, PlanGrid, autocad 360 (yes, that too)
- the pencil feels very natural and is very responsive - so the promo videos are telling the truth

Con's:
- the pencil - the front end works great but I just can't over the other end - no 'eraser' function like a Wacom, really awful idea to take off a cap (which will get lost) and plug in to the iPad like a tadpole tail which I spend the whole time waiting to break off, especially if the iPad is propped up in some way - really, very surprised that these got through an Apple design process
- some apps look 'zoomed in' because of the increase in screen size but I suppose this will improve in the next round of updates

I am still to try Remote Desktop to Windows and Mac for a potential 'remote desktop' computer experience

I have no problem with its large size. It has now replaced my 11" MacBook Air as my portable device and has a very similar footprint
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am thinking of buying a iPad Pro as my mobile device, will I be able to work on Archicad 19 on it?

Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a student in urban planning and architecture. Next year I will have to travel often for school and I was thinking of purchasing an ipad Pro as my mobile device instead of an macbook pro. However I am unsure if I will be able to work on Archicad on it. If anyone use is it, please advice.

Thank you
Eduardo Rolon
Oana wrote:
I am thinking of buying a iPad Pro as my mobile device, will I be able to work on Archicad 19 on it?

Thank you.
No. AC is not designed to run in iPad.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I was happy for a little while that I would spend half the money:-)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Just a bit more info: the iPad Pro is based on a totally different processor from the Intel/AMD processors of PCs. The iOS is a totally different OS from MacOS. So GRAPHISOFT would basically have to port the whole of ARCHICAD to iOS for ARCHICAD to run on iPad Pros.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
stewart
Participant
It’s ok with me!
port away Graphisoft.
They will have to do it someday anyway.
ArchiCAD 18
M1 MacBook Air
Mac OS 11.6
Mac Pro 5.1
Mac OS 10.14
iPad Pro 12.9”
iOS 15
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What will be interesting is when Apple starts using their own processors instead of Intel processors.
I am wondering if that will make it easier to develop the same program for both desktop/laptop (macOS) and phone/tablet (iOS).
We will see.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
DGSketcher
Legend
I'm wondering if this is why the routine iMac updates haven't happened this year...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)