BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

keyboard shortcuts vanish when I open a project again?

Ivan Myers
Booster
I have been working on a project and simultaneously building a project template alongside it, so I thought I was saving all my custom shortcuts every time I saved either the template or the project. I re opened them each and my short cuts are gone. This is really frustrating. How do I save my short cuts into my template and keep them in a project between sessions?

Thanks
Ivan
Designer/ Drafter

ArchiCAD 26 on 27" Mac
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
When you create or change keyboard shortcuts you need to save the 'Shortcut Scheme' so you are not using a custom scheme.
Either redefine an existing scheme that is being used in your work environment or save it as a new scheme.
If saving as new then you need to set your current Work Environment to use this new scheme or create a whole new work environment that uses this scheme.
If you set that Work Environment as default it will be used each time you start Archicad.

If you have 2 Archicads open at the same time the changes you make in one will not affect the other (at least I don't think so until you restart) or 'Apply Scheme' to reset the changes.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Ivan Myers
Booster
Ok thanks for getting back to me so soon.
I'll give it a try.

Ivan
Designer/ Drafter

ArchiCAD 26 on 27" Mac
Learn and get certified!