BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

keynotes and details

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am new to Archicad and am doing fine until I try to do construction documents. I have all the books, but information about doing details or keying in text seems to be lacking. What I want to know is:

1.) I use keynotes in my CD's, is there a standard, easy way to do this, or do I have to draw a little circle and insert a number, then copy and paste it to the area in the drawing I want to key?

2.) I'm trying to follow the Step-by-Step Tutorial book on page 139 (archicad version . In step 4 it is telling me to select the detail marker symbol from the popup menu. It gives a picture of this. When I try to do this, the Detail-Marker option is not listed. Do I need to load this somehow? How do I do that?

I'd appreciate any help.

Lori
2 REPLIES 2
__archiben
Booster
lori

in this case, you need to make sure that you have loaded all of the default libraries. the detail markers are library parts that need to be loaded into archicad to enable it's function.

you should be able to key in your text/marker reference in the 'parameters' list of the detail marker when you have it loaded and selected...

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
You might also look at AutoKeyNotes by Undecillion at the Objectsonline website.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Learn and get certified!