BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

loss of keys on mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have somehow lost the option to use the keys x and r when entering dimensions and/or coordinates, y key is still available and also if I place text down then both x and r will type.
I have quit archicad (latest 9) with no luck and also restarted the machine - no luck again, only thing now is a re-install, just what you want when trying to get drawings out

very strange!

we have also had occasions when the delete key stops working, but that is normally solved by re-starting.
6 REPLIES 6
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
have you checked the keyboard shortcuts on the work environment?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
__archiben
Booster
cadaron wrote:
I have somehow lost the option to use the keys x and r when entering dimensions and/or coordinates, y key is still available and also if I place text down then both x and r will type.
I have quit archicad (latest 9) with no luck and also restarted the machine - no luck again, only thing now is a re-install, just what you want when trying to get drawings out

very strange!
do you have NUMLOCK on?
we have also had occasions when the delete key stops working, but that is normally solved by re-starting.
yeah - ESC and BACKSPACE stop working on a regular basis - only restarting archiCAD will work. no idea what causes it. haven't had a chance to investigate . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
good point achille.
I have recently allocated shortcut keys using x and r, but having re-installed archicad the coordinate keys x & r now work but I have imported my environment and the short cut keys for rotate (r) and explode (x) still work as well as moving an item by a certain distance in the coordinate box.

Not sure what all this means, but a re-install cured it
Anonymous
Not applicable
[quote="~/archiben"

do you have NUMLOCK on?

Working on a mac archiben, not aware of number lock on the mac keyboard
__archiben
Booster
cadaron wrote:
Working on a mac archiben, not aware of number lock on the mac keyboard
F6 on a laptop keyboard - happens to me all the time . . . . your keyboard may be very different . . ?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
__archiben
Booster
cadaron wrote:
but I have imported my environment and the short cut keys for rotate (r) and explode (x) still work as well as moving an item by a certain distance in the coordinate box.

Not sure what all this means, but a re-install cured it
doesn't sound too healthy though . . . are you saying that when you have something selected you can use single key shortcuts 'r' and 'x' (wtf are you doing exploding so often anyway?! ), but when you start a translation command they then work in the co-ordinate box?

what happens if you select, press 'r' to rotate, and then press 'r' again to enter a radius value to begin your rotation from?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Learn and get certified!