Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

lost pallette

Anonymous
Not applicable
My coordinates pallette has slipped so it is partially off lower left side of screen so I cannot pull it back, can only see a portion of it.

Tried to reboot no luck
pallet is in same location even when opening other projects???

Thanks for any Help. Using 10.4

Ron
8 REPLIES 8
Can you bump up the screen resolution temporarily? (e.g. using 1600x1200, rather than 1280 x1024)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
TomWaltz
Participant
On AC8, the preferences were stored in the Preferences folder for the user, so you might have to delete them to get it to reset... except that it will blow away all your other preferences as well. (assuming your signature info is correct)
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem, Achicad 11 ... Windows XP Pro.
I have lost half of the coordinate pallette and half of the control box pallette ... I made a work environment and saved it about a few days ago and for the past two days I have half pallettes?
I tried to chagne the screen resolution .. but no luck
My poor pallette
sniff sniff
Help ... p ... p ... p
Rick Thompson
Expert
You might be able to retrieve them by going back to the default, then re-import everything but the location, relocate and save it.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ta ... Daaaaa
OK
Here is the solution ... right click somewhere on the pallette which is not close to the "x" that closes and drags ... a window opens with the options

What is this
Horizontal
Vertical
Extended
Compact

Click on Extended ... the pallette will correct its appearance ... then do the same and click on compact for it to go to the compact mode.
Taaaa ... Daaaaa
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to bother everyone again .. I have a similar problem on a different computer:

Notebook
AMD 3800, 1gRam, Win XP Pro, Archicad 11

The pallets disappear (double click objects and the window opens but then disappears)?
The window is there ... partially ... it I grab the top and take it all the way out of the screen and bring it back, then everything comes back ... if I minimize and maximize I get them back ... then again they disappear ... palettes ... menu bars ... object library error window that opens in the beginning ... I have uninstalled and reinstalled ArchiCAD 11 and still no Hope.
this all started about a month and half ago ... now it is even happening in other programs ... !
I call them "phantom palettes" they are there but you cant see them ... if I go with the mouseover the menu bar that is missing then I can see some of them come to life when I roll over them.
Help
Djordje
Ace
Ebbie wrote:
Sorry to bother everyone again .. I have a similar problem on a different computer:
Check your video drivers/virtual desktops and other video related stuff that is installed.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Video Driver is uptodate.

I am thinking it might be caused by installing i-Tunes ... I will uninstall and report the result.

Thank you for the response