Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

macOS 13 Ventura compatibility update for Archicad 26 (403x).

Will this build require all Acs in the office to upgrade to this Build Number. We have only a handful of Ventura machines in the office; the rest are running earlier versions of MacOS. 

My fear is that if we update the Ventura boxes, they will force TW users on a lower build to be updated as well. 

Please confirm. 

Thanks

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I can confirm Lee's comment. All 40xx builds are compatible with each other in Teamwork.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein

If someone from tech support doesn't answer in terms of BIMCloud compatibility.... I'm not sure why you don't want to update the other machines anyway?  Just because the bug fixes address Ventura issues, the update still runs on older versions of macOS...

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 2.57.11 PM.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Hi Karl, it matters because I've got 50+ workstations to deal with. PLNs don't care which build they open with, but Teamwork files do. It takes 3 people 6 hours to patch our office's workstations.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

As far as I am aware and have been assured this is a similar issue between silicon and Intel versions. I believe there is a block of 100 build numbers. As long as the build is within that block the teamwork users are all compatible. We have builds 4019, 4024 and 4034 I think that are all talking nicely together with Teamwork. We are however upgrading all of the intels to 4034 and all of the silicons to 4024. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Solution

I can confirm Lee's comment. All 40xx builds are compatible with each other in Teamwork.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Aaron, that sounds like a nightmare! I’ve got 18 to do and that seems bad enough. I’ve looked in to the deployment option but it’s just too complicated and we also looked in to MDM but that’s just too expensive. 

Wouldn’t it be great if updates could be pushed through BIMcloud (including the free version). Or even somehow managed through the Graphisoft ID and company license pool. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Thanks for the clarification Noemi!

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1