Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

macbook air

Anonymous
Not applicable
anyone have one yet?? could I actually run ArchiCAD 11 on it???

I'm a windows guy and have been looking for something light to carry around. For those running both mac and pc do you have any problems going back and forth? Would I reall need to run "windows" inside of Leopard?? and if so is that even possible within the limitations of the air?

Sorry in advance for such uniformed questions

Cary

ArchiCAD 11 build 1114 usa full
windows XPsp2
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
The Air looks like a nice portable machine, but it's got pretty low power components. You could technically run Archicad on it, but it will be pretty slow.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
wasn't really looking to "work" in ArchiCAD....more like being able to use it the way the they showed the architect using the iphone. It has to be faster than an iphone but was hoping somebody here had already walked the plank

ArchiCAD 11 build 1114 usa full
windows XPsp2
Thomas Holm
Booster
Roughly, the MacBookAir is a MacBook inside, and it will run like one. Do a search in this forum. One drawback is that it has only one USB port, which will be occupied by the WIBY key when you run Archicad in full mode. You'll need a hub to connect anything else. You'll also want the external DVD player to install the software.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
owen
Newcomer
Thomas wrote:
You'll also want the external DVD player to install the software.
Our Dear Leader Steve has thought of this

and its kinda nifty...

http://www.apple.com/au/macbookair/wireless.html
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
Roughly, the MacBookAir is a MacBook inside, and it will run like one. Do a search in this forum. One drawback is that it has only one USB port, which will be occupied by the WIBY key when you run Archicad in full mode. You'll need a hub to connect anything else. You'll also want the external DVD player to install the software.
One picture is like a thousand words...
Just for fun.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x59nx9_ibm-lenovo-ultra-portable-pc-versus_tech
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, that video is worth a thousand words. Makes me think twice before buying the macbook air.